The Pescanova Biomarine Center, located in O Grove (Galicia), is the Nueva Pescanova Group's Aquaculture R&D&I Center: it researches how to improve the health, sustainability and animal welfare of aquaculture animals, as well as new species not yet farmed in the world.
The Pescanova Biomarine Center is world pioneer in completing the life cycle of the octopus in aquaculture.
THE MUSEUM OF MARINE ECOSYSTEMS AND AQUACULTURE
In the museum of the Pescanova Biomarine Center you will learn about the importance of marine ecosystems for life on the Planet, what their problems are and how we can prevent them. You will also find out what aquaculture is and why it started in China 3,500 years before Christ.
You will plunge through different experiences into the depths of the sea to learn all its secrets:
• You will connect with fishing boats
• You will listen to the noise produced by marine animals through hydrophones
• You will see a NASA-invented self-sufficient aquatic ecosystem
• You will visit the underwater laboratory of the Biomarine Center
• You will learn about the history of aquaculture and its benefits
• You will discover how we do research in animal welfare, health and nutrition
• And you will also discover interesting facts about different marine species that you would never have imagined
Did you know that, according to the FAO, 50% of the world's seafood consumption already comes from aquaculture? The future of aquatic ecosystems and their sustainability depends to a large extent on aquaculture.